Living with Elephants, or Living like a Mahout is a unique experience in Laos! It offers you the exceptional chance to live a short time with protected Elephants. Follow the day of the Elephant Mahout (Elephant keeper) and learn about them and their life in the project area. Take care of an Elephant in the Elephant Village, Luang Prabang while you care for the Elephants, bring them to the forest, wash them.This wonderful experience includes Elephant washing, Elephant introduction and learning, riding, feeding and sharing time with Elephants in Laos...
Day 1: Luang Prabang – Elephant village (-/L/D)
- 09:00AM Meet our local tour guide at the lobby of your hotel in Luang Prabang
- Arrival at the Elephant Village. Welcome and greeting by our Camp Manager and participate in short briefing
Ride the Elephant. Enjoy the impressive experience of a 1 hour (approximately) elephant ride on the Howdah (Elephant seat) or in the Elephant’s neck.
- Mahout Training: Receive a basic Mahout Training about how to control an Elephant
- Lunch will be provided at the Elephant Village Restaurant (Buffet lunch served with Coffee or Tea and drinking water)
- Bring Elephant to Jungle. Enjoy the unique experience by riding your Elephant in the evening to his/her jungle home.
- Boat trip to the Tad Sae Waterfall. Take a 10 minutes boat trip to the Tad Sae Waterfall and spend some time in the clear water
- Dinner at the Elephant Village Restaurant (Set Menu served with drinking water)
- Overnight at the Elephant Lodge.
Day 2: Elephant village – Luang Prabang (B/-/-)
- Pick up your own Elephant from his/her jungle home and enjoy bathing your Elephant in the nearby Nam Khan River.
- Breakfast at the Elephant Village Restaurant (Set Menu with Coffee or Tea and drinking water)
- Depart back to the Luang Prabang town
- 10:00 – 11:00 AM drop off your hotel. Tour ends.
Prices: from $198/ person. Please contact our Travel Specialists for more help
- Round trip transfers
- Professional English speaking guide
- Elephant ride (approximately 1 hour)
- Boat transfer to the Tad Sae Waterfall
- Entrance fees, tickets
- Basic Mahout Training
- Meals (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch and D: Dinner) as program
- Hotel in Luang Prabang
- Drink, tips,
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses not clearly mentioned above