When you arrive to Vietnam for a holiday, you may read our recommendations to how to keep your luggage and to cross roads or streets in the crowded traffic of motobikes and cars.
Please have a look at our notice below:
- Do pay attention to your cameras, handbags, wallets etc… in the public places and be careful of motorbike riders when crossing the streets as some of them are thieves focusing on tourists especially. Keep bags and cameras close and in front of you.
- Do put your valuables (jewelry, passport, money etc…) in the hotel in-room safety box before going out and just take what you really need.
- Be aware that some taxi drivers try to make extra money by driving you around more than necessary. You can use one of some reputable taxi companies such as Mai Linh or Vinasun in Hochiminh city, Hanoi Taxi or Mai Linh in Hanoi, Mai Linh in Nha Trang, Hoian, Danang for your safety.
- Do ensure you have small notes of local money (đồng or VND) at all times to pay for taxi fares, and if possible do not pay with foreign currency as the exchange rate is not accurate.
- Avoid taking xe om (taxi motors) yourself without the presence of your guide, because there are tourist traps to avoid. You need to ask how much exactly costs the trip if you know your destination well. Otherwise, it is not recommended. Since 2016, there is the Grab bike "xe om" in Hanoi and Saigon. It's convenient and credible to take the Grab bike. You pay according to your route (mileage).